Staying healthy in 40 years and over is not an easy task, but I really believe that these can be some of our best years. Today I am sharing some healthy tips to help us feel and look our best!
When my kids were little, I never felt like I had enough time to focus on my health, and I was so busy with them. I didn’t make my health a priority.
Now that we are naked nests, I have more time to work to stay healthy. Embrace this season of life and start making some changes to stay healthy for the rest of your life.
Core 10 Hoodie by Reebok Quarter-Zip • Core 10 by Reebok Fitted Tank • Shiny High Waist Leggings Core 10 by Reebok • On Cloud X Training Shoe
Here are some healthy tips for women over 40:
1. Eat clean. What you eat is the key to staying healthy, feeling good and looking fit at age 40 and older. It is important to eat foods with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Antioxidants are naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A, C, E, zinc, lutein, and green tea, that can improve your overall health.
Green tea can brighten your skin by removing impurities from the skin.
I also try to limit my sugar intake, which is always a struggle because I love sweets. I used to eat M&M all the time, but now that I’m craving something sweet, I’m going to do these energy bites.
Faster Way to Fat Loss helped me with my food choices and helped me learn how to fast intermittently. If you need a quick start to helping you stay healthy, check out FWTFL HERE.
2. Drink plenty of water. Water helps every function of the body. As we age, the health benefits of water become even more important for energy, kidney function, and more.
I drink water all day (I drink black coffee in the morning). Sometimes I add IV Hydration Multiplier liquid to the water and it tastes great!
I gave up drinking Coca-Cola years ago, and when I need something soda, I drink a Zevia cola.
3. Exercise regularly. Just 30 minutes a day gives your metabolism a boost. You don’t have to sign up for a gym to work out. There are a lot of training programs online.
Fitness Blender is one of my favorites and offers free videos.
Open Back Training Top • Colorful High Waist Leggings • Cloud X Training Shoe
Muscles begin to shrink as we age. Add weights to your exercise routine to maintain your muscles.
Strength training helps prevent muscle loss, improves arthritis symptoms, prevents osteoporosis, diabetes and lowers body fat.
4. Sleep – Sleep is related to our productivity and even our eating habits. Sleep is essential, but it can be difficult to achieve as we age.
Exercising during the day can help you relax in the evening and prepare for sleep.
Some of the benefits of sleep are:
- Get sick less often.
- Stay at a healthy weight.
- Reduce your risk for serious health problems such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Reduce stress and improve your mood.
5. Eat more protein – I try to eat more protein and less carbs. That doesn’t mean I don’t eat carbs, but I try to keep track of my carbs.
Protein makes you feel full, helps increase muscle mass, stimulates metabolism, can help you lose weight and, in general, helps you stay in shape as you get older.
One last thing, I use Moderate Liquid Collagen. I read more and more that liquid collagen is better than powdered collagen. If you do not have gluten, use pure liquid collagen.
BioCell liquid collagen contains 13 superfoods rich in phytonutrients and resveratrol to improve joints, skin and aging.
If you are interested in trying it out, you can get a $ 10 discount on your first code order 4369961. You can find it HERE.
Here are some healthy tips for women over 40. Do you have any tips for staying healthy?
More Over 40 tips
What not to wear after 40 years
11 mandatory wardrobe items that every woman over 40 needs
Tips to look your best after 40 years
Thank you for taking the time to post on my blog. I’m also on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
Beauty for the heart ™ ~~ After washing their feet, he put on his robe again and sat down and asked. “Do you understand what I was doing? John 13:12
Truth: In John chapter 13, Jesus washes the feet of His disciple. Jesus knew that Judas would betray him, Peter would deny him, and all the other disciples would scatter. However, Jesus still washed their feet. What an act of humiliation and service. We are called to serve as Christ.
In-depth study: Read John 13: 1-17
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE. FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT THIS MEANS, SEE MY ABOUT PAGE: BLOG COMPENSATION AND DISCLOSURE.